Aims And Targets
The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.” — B.B. King
At RISE Education, we provide our students with an alternative learning environment that supports their needs, while providing an innovative and diverse learning environment and curriculum. This allows us to enable our students to recognise the importance of education and achievement in their future, take an active role in their learning and development of their social skills, allowing them to progress and gain qualifications and experience.
Short- & medium-term placements
Measurable improvement in all subjects undertaken by at least 1 level. Measured via formative & summative assessment and baseline data obtained from schools.
Long term placements
Improvement in all subjects undertaken by at least 2 levels, for those not in examination years.
Improvement in predicted outcome by at least 1 grade, for those taking external qualifications.
Positive improvement in students’ attitudes towards education.
Positive improvement in students’ level of discipline and acceptance of authority.
Positive improvement in students’ confidence levels, and self-esteem.
*Measured through evaluation form to students, parents and staff
Achievement target set
- We are inspected by: Ofsted,
London Boroughs of Croydon, Merton & Wandsworth.
- We are academically focused with an emphasis on achieving level 2 qualifications.
- We effective monitoring and follow-up student attendance and punctuality on a daily basis.
- We provide regular feedback to ‘Home’ school and parents on student progress via weekly reports.
- We have an effective mentoring and counselling programme to deal with challenging behaviour.
- We have a robust quality assurance system that tracks and measures outcomes
- We offer a free parent empowerment programme (added value).
April 2015 Click for full report
Leadership and management - Good
Behaviour and safety - Good
Quality of teaching - Good
Achievement of pupils - Good
Approved by Local Authorities
Joint Local Authority Inspection:
London Boroughs of Croydon,
Merton & Wandsworth
June 2015, rated “Good” in all areas with
“Outstanding” in behaviour and safety
April 2011, awarded Independent School status